Monday 19 March 2012

Shuffle was invented in a different language...

Since it is still early days I feel more introduction is a good idea, the insanity and sport obsession posts are a good impression of the wildly swinging subject matter that confuses my mind weekly... today I will inform you wonderful people who are so very interested in the nonsense that overpowers me I shall poke and prod you with another one of my great passions, Music!


Time for a little rant, it's not original and probably not funny either but it might be clever or smart, or just silly…

I love shuffle, when you collect music with obsessive compulsive vigour that I do you end up with so many artist's and albums when you only bought the whole thing for one song, but it looked lonely and disorganised. Stick it on shuffle and rediscover old greats, shameful guilty pleasures and god knows what! 

That band that made you feel so cool as a kid and that band that you like because you suddenly discovered a pretty girl liked them and it felt cool to be the only ones who liked them, trading top tens and awesome riffs, the days of Sum 41 and Alkaline Trio, the pretentious self importance, such fun!

But, shuffle is not always your friend, I recently bought a cheap MP3 player after the previous one had an unfortunate accident involving electricities arch enemy, water (they used to be great friends before the great legend Haych-Too-O began spreading E-Lek-Trickery's energy and powers amongst all its friends. But that's a story for another day.) And this MP3 player decides that the shuffle function simple re-orders the files in the same way every time! Four songs in and I switch it to shuffle, it goes back two songs where it likes to start its own little playlist, then song number four, then eight. And no matter where I start the shuffle, or switch in on and off partway through its playlist, it always does the same.
I've spent many hours researching the variable lists and it simply does not put the effort in that I expect of it, now I've resorted to manually switching the order of the tracks just to get some change!

Oh well, I suppose I'll just have to save up and get the old sophisticated silicon fixed...

No comments:

Post a Comment