Saturday 17 March 2012


It is a fact well known to those who know it well that music means a lot to a lot of people (and maybe a lot to the alots too, who knows? I don't but this fantastic lady might).

It is important to me, I don't particularly believe in the over-genrefying of things, it gets far too complicated when music evolves and genres don't mean the same thing as they used to, but that's half the fun of language and music itself.

Anyway, this small corner (or divergence, or confluence or any other wonderful descriptive term) of the internet is not here for me to impose my (frankly ridiculous) opinion on what music is awesome and what isn't (well maybe a little bit) but it is a place for music that means something to me.

For example:

Silly music - something to laugh at the ridiculousness of, something horse and lemonade related like this video by this wonderful chap:


Perhaps it is just something that has got stuck in my head and I am attempting to exorcise it via the wondrous power of the internet, a problem shared is a problem halved right?

Or most prominently, I will just something that makes me want to get up and dance, move my feet and show the world how happy I am through the power of expressive dance, you know the sort, where people start looking at you with funny expressions on their faces, attempting to decide whether they should call an ambulance or form a circle and start chanting.

I hope you don't mind the terrible introduction. Let's start with one of my all time favourites, a sign of my continentally and hemispherically unbalanced music collection. 

Australia appears to be sneaking itself into my lists of all time favourite bands, offbeat by offbeat.

Here are The Cat Empire with Two Shoes 

No comments:

Post a Comment