Saturday 17 March 2012

Pizzas, Motorbikes and Vomit-Dodging


What a fantastic start to the day; the sun is shining, well, beaming down with great vengeance and furious anger upon the dew clinging to the blades of freshly cut grass. I repositioned the aerial (yes, we have an analogue aerial for digital TV), lo and behold, an act of divine intervention channelled my muscles and after many months of being forced to watch substandard news, however entertaining, BBC has been regained!

Oh how I missed the mistakes! The fawning uselessness of Breakfast news, and Declan Curry, I've been watching you at six in the morning for about ten years now! I know every set of news has their own quirks and mistakes, the odd sentimental tones that don't suit the story but I have always found a certain comfort in the BBC news and a cup of tea.

Now onto the other reason this morning is wonderful, as a student I should be really excited about green beer and leprechauns, the beer is teaming up with the sun and they are calling my name, I do love a bit of afternoon drinking, particularly in a large field, music in the background. 



St. Patrick's day also provides one with the opportunity to develop one's skills at the sport of vomit-dodging, a good test of speed and agility, particularly while under the influence (points deducted for bumps and scrapes discovered the next morning). 

However the key event of this weekend for me is the return of the Formula 1 world. Once again I will be excitedly anticipating the next race, reading the news and the gossip as soon as it finds its way to me via my networking tentacles, and once again I will be avoiding the news when the results go up. Having just recovered BBC I made a rookie mistake today; my excitement at watching BBC News suddenly turned into panic as I see Formula 1 scrolling across the bar at the bottom of my screen, I miss the important bit and shield my eyes and succeed in ignoring it for several rounds before… 'Lewis Hamilton takes pole, sharing the front row with Jenson Button'… Yes! Excellent, it may have ruined the suspense but I don't care because that is wonderful news and I'm so excited to watch the qualifying and the race.

Okay, now the childish excitement is over I should apologise for the sport heavy post, for those who are bored I shall place a nice photo so that you may peruse it while I waffle:



 I have always had a passion for motor-racing, so much so that I will happily sit for hours directing pixels around a digital recreation of a real track attempting to better my time, and when I was younger I dreamed of being a racing driver, or a pizza delivery boy… ok I might have to explain that one, I liked motorbikes and I liked pizza, it seemed like a marriage made in heaven, a perfect pairing and a delectable duo all rolled into one. I've also noticed that it was a good dream, if I don't work out at a well paying job, write a blockbuster or win the lottery I can always make my dream come true, also, delivering pizza in one of these would be amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment