Monday 19 March 2012


Listening to Delta Moon - You Got to Move




     Procrastination, it's a wonderful thing. I remember looking for a version of this song:



on guitar, just to see what it was like (After several months working in The Scottish Shop St Andrews where this band was played constantly, on repeat, it was the only one I still liked - I may tell the full story sometime) I got this album, and you know what, I quite like it. It's not necessarily what I would usually go out and buy but right now, it is comfortable music, conjuring images of places I've never been and lives I've never lived (at least not to my knowledge) while I tippity tap away at my laptop, eyes gazing out across the car-park, beyond the energy drink upon my window-sill, to the apartments opposite with the curtains open and the couple about to elope, clothes falling to the floor, one of them is turning their head and looking in shock… my light is on, and I'm staring, unable to take my eyes away, he's right, I gotta move...

Okay, blinds closed, back to the album, it seems somewhat odd to listen to the music with a background of the Dundonian night, Friday night and the sounds of classically trained students roaming the streets, what rubbish, I'm in the West End. Maybe if I close my eyes I can imagine a suitable backdrop… nope, just naked neighbours, oh dear, that's more people alienated (a different set of renters already think I'm a pervert when really I was just smoking out the window and happened to be looking that way, forgot I was staring and next thing I know one of them is lying on the floor, just out of view, poking her head around the curtain trying to see if I was still looking, she should have turned the light off, then I wouldn't have been able to see in… now that does sound creepy.)

I've lost my train of though now, and the album has finished so maybe I shall sign off. I'm glad I have introduced the difficulties and dangers of inadvertent people watching (of which I am a grand advocate, as long as you don't get caught up a tree with your pants down and binoculars around your neck, as they say in those circles). Be careful,as one ferrero roche said to another: it's nutty out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment