Monday 6 October 2014

Oh Edward, why do you test me so?

So here I am again, feeling pretentious with a coffee and my Mac, sitting in a lovely place called Hugh's, just across from Kwik-Fit, wondering what the most recent assault on my wallet will be.

Today is the day that Edward may be getting a new exhaust, or maybe a muffler, or hopefully someone will agree to tack on a bit of metal and we can continue on our merry clunking way.


While Edward has treated me rather well I fear that my rash decision making may well have landed me in a spot of financial bother. Dear Edward cost me a mere £700 pounds with a mileage of 70,000 miles, plus there was a fifty quid sat-nav, one of those round tubs of sweeties and even half a roll of toilet paper thrown into the bargain! Since December last year I feel there hasn't been a month where I've not shelled out for something.

Those who know me very well will know of my obsession with spreadsheets, sheets for expenditure, sheets for income, sheets for cycle mileage, sheets for Edward, etc. And while it's interesting to note that the average amount I spent per month on clothes increased by 67.07% between 2009 and 2010, and again by 54.18% between 2010 and 2011, it doesn't really make me an interesting person...

Where was I?

Edward has cost me more in repairs and tax than he initially cost. First we have the £70 replacement window when some dickheads stole my favourite pair of gloves, a woollen blanket and my sat-nav. Then £264 for a set of new front springs, £100 for new tyres,  £275 sweet pounds for a newly MOT worthy car and whatever costs today brings. I'm wondering if I would be forking out the same for a newer car or if I've really just shot myself in the foot by jumping at the first car I liked?

It's okay Edward, I still love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment